The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
~Henry Ward Beecher~
Gratitude is one of the most powerful things to exercise when we are looking to create a greater abundance of joy in our lives. Why? Because as we focus on all that we are grateful for, we begin to feel more abundant, and when we begin to feel more abundant we then naturally begin to attract a greater abundance in our lives. What you focus on in life will grows! As many have often said before; Like often attracts like. That's why you won't increase the abundance of joy in your life by focusing on all the things you don't have.
There is a blessing for us in the loving expression of gratitude. As we focus on what we have, we are destined to create more of it. As we focus on our joy, we create more of that. As we focus on love, we indeed create more of that, and love is core and central to all manifestation in our lives. When you create from a place of love and intention, your life will become more joyous and rich than you ever could have imaged.
We are all energetic beings - and the energetic vibration of gratitude is one of the highest and purest vibrations available to us. Love and gratitude go hand in hand. Sending out this kind of pure positive energy into your life will bring more of that back to you. Its like a universal law, it's the Law of Attraction. Gratitude can start a positive momentum in your life that changes your life forever. When you begin having an "attitude of gratitude" in your life, you jump start the process of manifesting all of your desires.
Integrating Gratitude Into Your Daily Life
1. Look for what you want to see vs. what you don't want to see. Too often people go about their day waiting and expecting awful things to happen, or we expect to be disappointed for some reason. We walk around saying, "I don't like this, and this, and this...." and look for things that need changing. You would find that your world may conform to more of your liking if you focused on what you did indeed want to see. "I like this, I like that....oh and I really love that!" What a shift in vibration, do you see?
2. Appreciate and be grateful for something about you. Be grateful that you have a beautiful smile and a heart of gold. Be grateful that you are a savvy business person, or that you are inventive or intuitive. Be grateful that you are a wonderful parent. Be grateful that you are not perfect. (Wouldn't that be a bore if we were all perfect!?)
3. If it's hard to find something to be grateful for about yourself, start by looking around your world and appreciating that. The rain, the leaves in the wind, the sun. Look for beauty in your life. Focus on the dollar that you do have vs. the one that you don't.
4. Keep track of all the good things that happen to you in your calendar or daily journal...even the little things. This helps to affirm that good things do come your way, and you can begin to trust in life and the Universe as a source of your supply. Appreciate the synchronicities that occur in your life, they were given to you as a gift to help affirm that you are indeed on the right path.
5. Want to see some fast results? For the next 30 days - set aside time to write for 10 minutes all of the positive things you can think about in your life, your relationships, your body, your work, your home etc etc. You will not be the same person at the end of those 30 days! I can assure you.
6. Open your mouth and let the gratitude flow from your heart. You will begin to realise amazing things will happen to you and those around you. Can you imagine what might occur? What do you have to lose? Why not give it a go?